They are elite vampires with specialized abilities beyond that normal vampires. Aristocrats are very powerful vampires, but not as powerful as the Purebloods. They have a small amount of human blood in their ancestry as well as all other levels below them. When an aristocrat is killed, they turn to dust, as do all the other levels below them. These aristocratic vampires are still able to be compelled by Purebloods, but enjoy a much more independent lifestyle in general. The Council of Elders is usually made up from Aristocrats.
List of Aristocrat Vampires
- Takuma Ichijo
- Hanabusa Aido
- Akatsuki Kain
- Ruka Souen
- Senri Shiki
- Rima Toya
- Maria Kurenai
- Asato Ichijo
- Shiki (Mother)
- Ren Kiryu
- Unlike Purebloods, who are revered to the point other vampires would kill anyone who would "sully" their bloodline, Aristicracts face no prejudice if they choose to marry humans.
- It remains unclear if the offspring of an Aristocrat are considered to drop to Level C if they reproduce with humans for a few generations.
- Its shown that if an aristocrat has a child with a human, the child's vampire genetics are largely unaffected as Seiya Aido, whose mother was human, is still youthful as his father 40 years later.
- Aristocrats are noted to die when they lose the will to live.
- Its likely the lifespan of aristocrats is determined by how pure their vampire blood is. In Vampire Knight Memories, none of the former Night Class vampires are seen 1000 years later. Ren Kiryu likely has a longer lifespan than normal aristocrats due to her mother being a Pureblood.